Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sacred Salmon

7:45 am
Toast, tea.

10:30 am
Banana

1:00 pm
Salad with tomato and cheese, water.

3:00 pm
Two of my classmates brought bread, butter and honey today for our class. It was a tribute to the day before ascension day, the day that Jesus left the earth and "ascended into heaven," Jesus' last day in his earthly body.


7:00 ish pm
Tonight was dinner with my ladies group. There were only three of us this week, and tonight we celebrated our friend Kelly finishing her final project before graduation. We decided to go to the Volunteer Park Cafe. Local fresh food as you can see. The ladies asked me to say grace as we held hands at the table. I wanted to say the grace that the Carthusian monks say, “Lord we receive this food through your grace, through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Of course I forgot it, short as it is, so I made one up. This was a sacred meal. The people are sacred and the food tasted holy in my mouth. Everything on my plate was on this weeks list: potatoes, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, fish, asparagus and garlic aioli (which after all, is oil, eggs, and garlic!). Eating locally with friends, I felt so blessed, and full – of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment